Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I am a survivor. Cancer is my foe.

I am a survivor. Cancer is my foe.
Although it waits most patiently. I'm not ready to go.

Many are the sunsets my eyes have yet to see.
A lovely rose, a blissful bird whose song enraptures me.

I am a survivor. There's still so much to do!
To taste, to feel, to see, to hear, time to spend with you.

I wear no badge of courage. My scars I would not bare.
But locked deep down inside, a memory lingers there.

For I am a survivor, I bless each precious day
And capture every fleeting moment that life has sent my way.

Tranquility surrounds me when gentle breezes blow.
Quite like the touch of kindness from whom I love so.

I am a survivor. There's so much need of me.
And what I have to offer, I'll do graciously.

My door will always open, if I can lend an ear
To soothe a hurt, to ease a pain, to calm a deepest fear.

I am a survivor. Death has no claim on me.
I know someday it will come my time and I'll go gallantly.

But 'til then, I am a survivor, there's too much life to live,
Time for caring, time for sharing; all that love to give!

Yes, I am a survivor. You'll recognize my smile.
You see, I am free just to be me, knowing all the while.

I AM A SURVIVOR.....

No comments: